Join our team! Come get paid for doing good and making a difference in our community.
Offering a unique job opportunity supporting youth with diversabilities. Our agency provides 24/7 care to the individuals we support. Our team members have the ability to work 26-39 hours in 2-3 days which allows them the potential to have up to 4-5 days off in a row… EVERY WEEK!!
We seek team members who are compassionate, dedicated, and committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve who have diversabilities.
WHAT DOES A SUPPORT WORKER DO?
A great job opportunity, providing support within the community and at our home locations. We work with a variety of people with diverse abilities who require assistance to perform activities. You provide the energy, the smiles, and the initiative to help our friends enjoy life as much as possible. Their needs include bathing, preparing meals, feeding, changing, and assistance with walking, swimming, and anything else that improves their quality of life.
HOURLY RATES (BASED ON DAILY AMOUNT):
- $22.92 base rate – $24.13 (based on level of experience)
- Minimum hours per shift is 13 hours (7:00am-8:00pm)
- 24 hour shifts are also available
- Full time – 35 hours or more per week
- Part-time – Up to 34 hours per week
**Full-time staff receive a comprehensive benefits package after the probation period**
- Employees new to the company must comply with a paid basic training of 60 hours, which is progressive and adapts to the needs of the person.
- Experience doing in-home and community support work is preferred
- You must have a good work ethic
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good predisposition and initiative
- Commitment to updating skills and knowledge
- Ability to understand the vision, mission, mandate and values of the Organization
- Must be responsible and trustworthy
- Able to get to the workplace without difficulties
- Verification of criminal records from the Ministry of Public Security and the Attorney General
- Full driver’s license – Class 5 (ability to drive a minivan)
- Submission of a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Have a working cell phone at all times while you are at work. To be used in emergencies and to be able to contact or receive calls or text messages from staff members
- Ability to follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures, and adhere to the recommendations of the PHO where applicable
If you are interested in applying for this position, fill out the application below referencing *JOB TITLE* or email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates and those legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.